Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Logrus' New Arrival
04-21-2012, 04:44 PM
RE: Logrus' New Arrival
Sorry to bump up an old topic.

Is the DAS course a good few days to get through?

Been pricing it up and the localish place are looking at £630 for a 5 day intensive course. Sure I paid less to pass my driving test 8 years ago! Just wondering if that seems about right?

Still need a CBT first obviously though.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-23-2012, 09:48 AM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2012 09:49 AM by Sir SpankalotUK.)
paid about that and it included the CBT but that was about 5-6 year ago

and yes you need about that long, the U turn for a new bike driver is bit of a bitch

day 1 is usually the cbt
day 5 is the test, so really its 3 days constant driving.

oh and buy a cheap set of bike boots, trainers wont really cut it
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-23-2012, 06:29 PM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2012 06:30 PM by Feeder.)
Cheers Sir, much appreciated.

Was reading that trainers are a big no, no. Got a 50cc scooter to kick about on for a year or two, but feel I'd rather just get the license, then I can concentrate on saving for something a bit more interesting for a year or two which lets me concentrate on the might of a 50cc. Not in a rush to jump on a big engine.

Feel resitting the theory test though is a bit ott. Not worried about resitting it, but just another expense and probably time off work.
04-23-2012, 08:10 PM (This post was last modified: 04-23-2012 08:11 PM by Sir SpankalotUK.)
yeah just do the test, saves you getting into any bad habits, 50cc is utter pants anyway. Go for a geared 125cc minimum, will do at least 60mph.

Never did the theory first time round, so was quite novel to do it, passed with flying colours and my brother just past his doing nothing but revision on the iphone app whilst on the train to work, and he's only had 1 three hour lesson, so its not that hard.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-24-2012, 11:24 AM
Deffo - I have some bike boots for sale / borrows if you need Feeder.

And I did a three day full bike test course, after doing CBT last year and riding the Suzuki GN 125 (this is for sale) Wink

Did the theory - piss easy and the test - the only thing that is difficult in the practical test is the U-turn, but also making sure that you're hitting the minimum speed on the swerve / stop.

I only had two days on the road for the driving part of the test and that is the killer - but to be fair, over-play the perception / safety and do not take any risks and you'll pass it flying.

They can be a fucker with 'too slow' or 'not aggressive enough', but they much prefer control than balls.

Get it done, Son.

[Image: LogrusUK.png]

Captain Slash Boot Bumper