Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
xbox 720 or playstation 4
01-17-2013, 08:43 PM
RE: xbox 720 or playstation 4
yes proof in the eating but its fair to say that both cpu and gpu are not stock but heavily customised.

Otherwise it would just be a PC Big Grin

[Image: artois.png]
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-18-2013, 03:57 PM
i hope this isnt true, i actually like the DS

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/387...n-for-ps4/

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
01-18-2013, 04:08 PM
I find the dualshock a little bit on the small side especially after using the xbox controller, so hope they work out something along those lines
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-18-2013, 05:27 PM
really, im other way find the 360 a big lump in your hands. Just hope they dont change it too much.

01-18-2013, 09:03 PM
DF article on PS4
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/df-har...en-console

01-19-2013, 12:42 PM (This post was last modified: 01-19-2013 12:43 PM by Sporran.)
Just to keep speculation going, from Reddit

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/1...en/c7zfgtg

Wonder if steamworks will be more integrated this time on ps4.
Quote:The 720 is a Windows PC, the PS4 is a Linux PC. I was wondering how Valve were going to convince developers to put money into developing games for a Linux, they don't need to anymore, Sony just did that for them, porting to Linux just became trivial, you shouldn't be surprised if in a couple of years you end up seeing Max Payne 4 released simultaneously for your Windows or Linux PC, Steambox, 720 and PS4.

Quote:Sony and Microsoft's apparent strategy for next-gen consoles:

Last thing I want to say about this is that it seems like Microsoft and Sony are taking different approaches. Microsoft are going with slower DDR RAM but more of it, they seem to be "saving" a lot of RAM for OS functions, in other words it looks like Microsoft have some sort of plans, maybe Kinect 2.0 or something. Sony on the other hand went with less RAM but it is faster GDDR RAM and Sony are also seemingly spending more money on the GPU. In other words the way it looks the PS4 will be engineered to be a pure gaming machine with more power, the 720 will fall in between the PS4 and Wii U in terms of power. It's interesting though because Microsoft are intent on saving a lot of money on memory and GPU from the looks of it and then they allocate a lot of RAM for some sort of software function. I'm thinking maybe it might actually be true that Kinect 2.0 is going to ship with all 720's, I thought it would be too expensive but considering how much they would save by going for slower RAM and a lower powered GPU and the fact that they are allocating a huge 3GB to software functions Kinect 2.0 makes sense. I have to confess I am a little disappointed with Microsoft's direction and I like the fact that Sony are so intent on lavishing every penny on making it a monster console. The two consoles from the looks of it should cost around the same but a lot of the money for the 720 will seemingly go to Kinect 2.0 while Sony will invest all that money in faster RAM and a more powerful GPU.

01-21-2013, 07:06 PM (This post was last modified: 01-21-2013 07:14 PM by Sporran.)
World exclusive. These people did leak the Wii U specs before launch and they were right then, so some credit i guess

Anyway Durango Specs, aka 720 Smile

http://www.vgleaks.com/world-exclusive-d...-unveiled/

[Image: durango_arq1.jpg]

Quote:CPU:

- x64 Architecture

- 8 CPU cores running at 1.6 gigahertz (GHz)

- each CPU thread has its own 32 KB L1 instruction cache and 32 KB L1 data cache

- each module of four CPU cores has a 2 MB L2 cache resulting in a total of 4 MB of L2 cache

- each core has one fully independent hardware thread with no shared execution resources

- each hardware thread can issue two instructions per clock

GPU:

- custom D3D11.1 class 800-MHz graphics processor

- 12 shader cores providing a total of 768 threads

- each thread can perform one scalar multiplication and addition operation (MADD) per clock cycle

- at peak performance, the GPU can effectively issue 1.2 trillion floating-point operations per second

High-fidelity Natural User Interface (NUI) sensor is always present

Storage and Memory:

- 8 gigabyte (GB) of RAM DDR3 (68 GB/s)

- 32 MB of fast embedded SRAM (ESRAM) (102 GB/s)

- from the GPU’s perspective the bandwidths of system memory and ESRAM are parallel providing combined peak bandwidth of 170 GB/sec.

- Hard drive is always present

- 50 GB 6x Blu-ray Disc drive

Networking:

- Gigabit Ethernet

- Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct

Hardware Accelerators:

- Move engines

- Image, video, and audio codecs

- Kinect multichannel echo cancellation (MEC) hardware

- Cryptography engines for encryption and decryption, and hashing

EDIT: Just realised HDMI in and HDMI out. That would indicate pass thru, set top box anyone?

01-22-2013, 08:47 AM
Small HDD again
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-22-2013, 05:23 PM
Will be boosted, of course..?

[Image: LogrusUK.png]

Captain Slash Boot Bumper
01-22-2013, 06:27 PM
the 50gb is in relation to the BR capacity. most people saying 250/500 in launch.

I guess various skus at launch