Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Feeder @ Croft Race Circuit
05-13-2012, 08:57 PM (This post was last modified: 05-13-2012 09:03 PM by Feeder.)
Feeder @ Croft Race Circuit
My retirement from circuit driving lasted a whopping 9 months Wink

Croft is just down the road (Near Darlington), quite rare to get the chance to drive on it as the locals don't like the noise, so restricted days.

Wanted a nice flat circuit, concentrate on the corners alone, rather than the gradients.

After a whole day this ranks as my favourite UK circuit so far, a superb circuit. Can't speak highy enough of the place. A real nicely flowing circuit with some good challenges. The day allowed me to really get to grips with each corner enabling me to carry more and more speed through them and pushing that bit more each time round.

After opting for the novice group, we were changed to the Intermediates at the start Sad I thought, I was now on track with a Boxster, a cayman, a full race spec Ginetta, Caterham 7, 944 Turbo, 205 GTi and a Fiesta ST, so a field of 'nothing like mine cars'! Oh, oh, I'm going to spend more time being over-taken I thought.

Thankfully I was on fine form and spent more time being held up by others than being overtaken!! Had a few moments of gentle encouragement to move folk out the way (Sticking to the bumper through the corners)

My mate that joined me noticed how quickly we were "flying" through some of the sections after two sessions. Carrying 95mph through bends is an difficult thing to describe, especially so, when you come through that section right on the arse of a Caterham 7! lol Certainly doesn't go down well with folk in Porsche's that see a red Suzuki up their trumpet through the bends.

Seemed to surprise a few folk with the speed of the wee Red Box. Few folk had a look around the car, even the photographer commented it was going fast round the circuit, the 1.5 engine confirmation shocked him a bit.

Closest injury was to a Pheasant, which literally walked out on circuit whilst I'm doing 80+mph, yellow flag being waved thankfully saved the wee guy and my car!

Anyhoo, have 42 photo's from the day. Here's some.

[Image: XSP_2673.jpg]
[Image: XSP_2630.jpg]
[Image: XSP_2602.jpg]
[Image: XSP_2006.jpg]
[Image: DSC_1574.jpg][Image: DSC_1411.jpg][Image: DSC_1400.jpg][Image: DSC_1091.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-13-2012, 09:40 PM
RE: Feeder @ Croft Race Circuit
looks like you had a fun day!!

Top stuff

But have to say you look more like a GT than Forza driver with that helmet Wink

[Image: artois.png]
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
05-14-2012, 07:41 PM
Safety in mind Sir! Smile

Having withdrawl symptoms now, so might book up another for July at Blyton Park Big Grin
05-14-2012, 08:03 PM
go for it while you can, trust me all of a sudden things change, and you will be driving a diesel crossover lmao

[Image: artois.png]
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
05-17-2012, 12:52 PM
Hmmm, wonder if I can take me bike?

[Image: LogrusUK.png]

Captain Slash Boot Bumper
05-20-2012, 10:38 AM (This post was last modified: 05-20-2012 10:38 AM by Feeder.)
http://www.bikedays.co/bike/

Same company I use for my trackdays (Javelin). Their pretty serious about their days, not so much to take the fun away, but if they see a twat out on circuit they have no issues hauling them off (Seen it happen).

Never heard a bad word about them. Think the bikes are a new venture.