Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Prometheus
06-08-2012, 11:58 AM
RE: Prometheus
I had heard this was shit, so i dont wanna go see it incase it ruins the whole Aliens movie for me Smile

[Image: RossJay_UK.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-13-2012, 04:59 AM (This post was last modified: 10-13-2012 05:11 AM by Sporran.)
Forgot to say bought the blu ray on monday and rewatched it. Have to say experience was still the same, but it seemded a little more connected. Like most films on rerun.

Btw, thats a nice ass in that tight suit!

So it seems, the second partner to the movie has an official site http://www.prometheus2-movie.com/ (maybe this will clear the ambiguity for me and others)

And why did David know so much about the goo, its effects, engineers, if Weyland created him the bugger aint that old, (unless thats to come?). Robots dont have fear but it conveyed the impression he knew!

And this answers a few things about the goo, but not who/why was it created! Interesting the alien eggs follow a similar concept or was it the other way around Wink The data shows it was a trial, so No 2 better clear it up big style and finish on LV-426!!

[Image: hm4SP.jpg]

Though if you take the timeline as literal for ingestion, why did the engineer at the start disintegrate so fast, ahhhh bloody continuity errors Smile

[Image: artois.png]
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
Find all posts by this user
10-13-2012, 10:22 AM
Funny, I despite my dislike for this, watched it last night. Better than the first viewing and I'm more optimistic about the second now.

Wonder if thetll use the chryo pods and el it so that it moves along 20years and brings in another group iykwim.
10-15-2012, 09:53 AM
definitely smacks of being setup for another prequel and sequel, need to watch with it director commentary to see if answers anything.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-15-2012, 10:10 AM
SPOILERS or otherwise watch the deleted scenes Wink

There are a few scenes deleted but some of them just would have caused ambiguity in the film and some others silliness and drawn out scenes.

Shaw was going to fight the engineer at the end with an axe, same type ending as alien, but the engineers are mighty so they cut it. Right decision imo.

Beginning of the film, originally had elder engineers and others when the lone engineer did his sacrifice, the elder hands him the liquid to which he drinks, the cut beginning also showed as the engineer started breaking apart and his dna snapping but also then reforming (the original didnt have this) and reforming to become human eggs.

Also removed a scene in the film when the are looking inside the tunnels, they find an alien skin.

When david awakens the engineer they have a proper convo. Talks about Paradise (from the tinternet this is the name of the next film) but they cut it as it made him too human like not godly.

At the end when shaw talks to davids head about their being other ships, she says she wants to go to where they come from, their paradise. Again another reference.

Personally i agree with the reason for the cuts, though i think they should have left the director cut prologue in. As its abvious from the film their are lots of enginners.

[Image: artois.png]
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.