Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Prometheus
06-02-2012, 09:36 AM (This post was last modified: 06-02-2012 09:38 AM by Sporran.)
Prometheus
Have to say was looking forward to this one, watched the films before hand, did some digging on the plot (bad i know) and a general research of the alien story.

Spoliers ahead all the way, so dont read unless your not bothered!!!!

Its pretty much land on planet, search and find. Though a bit disconnected from the other films. And lots of parts didnt seem to question other parts in the film, re my. disconnected comment

Though as expected the space jockeys (engineers), the dude in the space ship on the first alien were carrying alien cargo to earth. Though not expected they were in fact the creators of mankind. Using this alien cargo as a genocide agent to wipeout planets of life before starting again. The first terraformers Smile

But the one thing it didnt finish was, so they created us (they have human dna) so why did they turn against us, want to come to earth to unleash its cargo to kill us? Big shame that one, prometheus 2?

Throughout the film lots of paraphernalia and other things that link it to the alien series, even to the hexagonal corridor rooms in the space ships Smile

Also introduced Weyland, old man behind the company. And his so called Son, David an android, a bit messed up like Ash in Alien but more perverse.

as for the presentation, have to be a decent cinema the sound is awesome but the best bit and everyone in ours were commenting on it walking out, was the 3d. Best best 3d i have ever seen very well done!

So if you are after a film that runs like aliens no its not that, its not even like alien in that it wipes out the humans and scarey. Its feels more like first AvP in some respect humans explore, find and shit happens.

It would stand better on its own but doesnt feel part of the series purely for the disconnected elements, unless there is another due? Smile

But i liked it.

Summary: a flawed masterpiece

note: trailer for Chernobyl Diaries, looks bloody great. that Modern Warfare game has a lot to answer for, i said to my dad on one part, thats the swimming pool they are in, he asked how you know that Wink lmfao

[Image: artois.png]
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2012, 11:27 AM
RE: Prometheus
I wanted to see this, but the write ups it got were shocking.

As for chernobyl diaries i cannot wait! The trailer looks epic and i expect it to be quite a scary film!

Although Silent House looked scary too and was the worst film ever to grace my eyeballs!

[Image: RossJay_UK.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-04-2012, 09:50 PM
Read some of your review Spozz (Going to see it on Wednesday, hence only reading some of your post) but the census is that it's not quite lived up to expectations.

Not got the same enthusiasm I had originally, but after watching Alien the other night, feel it needs to be seen.
06-05-2012, 09:29 AM
i think its maybe jaded by the fact most people think its a direct prequel to alien, major hints at it being a 3 prequel like star wars so it may well close up the gaps.

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
06-06-2012, 09:11 AM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2012 09:11 AM by Logrus.)
I was dragged to this by the Wife.

MASSIVE LET DOWN.

Sad

[Image: LogrusUK.png]

Captain Slash Boot Bumper
06-06-2012, 12:25 PM
answer me this then, what was the point of the first 5 mins of the film, when he sort of commited suicide. Dont get that part.

06-06-2012, 12:41 PM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2012 12:41 PM by Logrus.)
Excactly - I just didn't get that.

Um - an enclosed (sterile) room with an alien snake hugger in it...

Ok.

Hours later - it's like the fucking KRAKEN!

Nothing can come from nothing....

Tra-la-lah...

06-06-2012, 01:10 PM
yes that too

did you see it in 3d? Must say that was pretty impressive

06-06-2012, 02:34 PM
I did and I was left feeling deflated.

Really, really genuinely disappointed.

Sad

06-06-2012, 09:56 PM
I'll be less tacful in my opinion. Shite.

I went and seen Snow White and the Huntsmen on Saturday and left the cinema with more satisfaction than this! And for fucks sake, that film had Kristen Stewart who's aweful!

Okay, it's not maybe as bad as I'm making out. I appreciate it's not an Aliens film, but the complete lack of suspense/anticipation just meant it was a bland film imo.

Elba, Rapace and Fassbender were fantastic as was the 3D, easily the best 3D film I've seen.

That ending though, pfft, Star Wars stuff. Also that theme track that kept playing throughout, bloody annoying. Guy Pearce's old man appearance looked like something out of the Doctor Who special effects department from the 70's!

So what's part II going to be about? Shaw goes off, meets our creators, has an Avatar (Ironic James Cameron reference there btw!) moment then battle, the end.

Was she squirming in agony at the end due to having another alien inside? Or was that just to be assumed it was the staples?

The guy at the start I guess was just to show what the canisters contained and did, when consumed.