Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cars eh.
04-11-2014, 02:14 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2014 02:46 PM by RossJay.)
Cars eh.
So yeah we all love cars.

But I've decided I need a fucking rant. Attaching 2 pics so you can see why!

[Image: image.jpg]

[Image: image.jpg]

So yeah first one was last Friday. Service done on car, ok £570 steep but we can cope. Week and a half later something happens 100 metres from my house.

*shudder shudder shudder* me : what the fuck car? *rolls to the house and car cuts out* me: Can't be good this. *car won't start*

So I phone green flag who won't touch it because it was serviced last week. All good garage arrange to take it back.

It only turns out the fucking timing belt has jumped off. Excuse me? At 40,000 fucking miles. Bmw can bite my shite it isn't even due a service until 65,000 miles.

Looking into it more it turns out it's a fucking common problem! Forgot to mention that when you sold me the car you tossers! Turns out bmw have been paying for drivers to get it fixed when it happens due to wanting to keep it under wraps.

So I've paid the £942 to fix it and send a nice cheeky email to bmw pointing out the fact I am no in the same boat as all the others and I am now £1500 lighter in less than 2 weeks. Also in there I have mentioned I want them to foot the fucking bill otherwise the whole world will hear of bmw and their oh so reliable fucking car.

Cunts.

Rant over.

[Image: RossJay_UK.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2014, 05:16 PM (This post was last modified: 04-11-2014 05:16 PM by Sporran.)
RE: Cars eh.
ohh not good, thats a problem that affects the car i got too, bloody renault engines!!!

Still a pisser that your out of pocket initially and til its sorted

[Image: artois.png]
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
Find all posts by this user
04-14-2014, 07:11 PM (This post was last modified: 04-14-2014 08:29 PM by Feeder.)
Watchdog did a feature on this a few years ago. Very common. BWM denied it was a problem, the story is still on their web-site.

It's one of a few reasons I've held on to my car for as long as I have, chain driven. If you own an mx5 its also non-interference.

Feel your pain though, Suzuki quoted me £450 for a rear brake caliper and carrier

[EDIT] Sorry just seen the attachments, that's a chain, grim. Pricey place at £55ph though for somewhere in Scotland.
04-15-2014, 03:07 PM
Yeah mate!

If i want to keep my book active and signed off by BMW i have to go to BMW recognised mechanics thats the problem Sad

02-03-2015, 04:00 PM
Update to this.

Took the case to the financial ombudsman who in turn chased BMW then decided they had more clout going after black horse (finance company)

They have 59 days or so to respond to a complaint from the ombudsman. Day 58 Black Horse contact me and inform me they will reimburse the full cost of the repairs and admitted responsibility for the repairs.

BOOM!

02-03-2015, 04:07 PM
Cool - kick shit out of 'em!

[Image: LogrusUK.png]

Captain Slash Boot Bumper
02-03-2015, 07:10 PM
celebrate by tanking later!

[Image: artois.png]
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
02-04-2015, 08:10 AM
I would have lads but i was totally fucked and went to bed!

Should be on tonight though lol