Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
World of Tanks
02-01-2016, 11:49 AM
RE: World of Tanks
Look how dinky Amber was when she was little!

Smile

[Image: LogrusUK.png]

Captain Slash Boot Bumper
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-01-2016, 01:13 PM
wrong thread? Smile

[Image: artois.png]
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
02-01-2016, 01:25 PM
Nah - clicked the link to http://www.mcsporran.com !!!

02-01-2016, 04:52 PM
mark mcsporran?????

Editor of Reapa's Sig 24/7
"Nicos, clearly, you are a more adept CoDer" - Logrus - 10-09-10
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-01-2016, 05:53 PM
Agh, http://www.mcsporran.co.uk !!!!!

02-01-2016, 07:00 PM
no no no its Sparron im Sporran online

http://www.mcsparron.co.uk Big Grin

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
02-02-2016, 10:31 AM
What's your bloody name?!??!

I've been calling you - Crab Apple!

02-02-2016, 08:17 PM
i answer to many things my dear friend!

02-04-2016, 07:05 PM
Interesting post i found on a forum

Firstly, one must distinguish between a perk and a skill. A perk is something that comes into effect after it reaches 100%. For skills, the proficiency level of the skill increases per percent. This is very important, as you do not want to have sixth sense training on your commander from 0% to 100%, you want to use another perk/skill until you reach 100%, then retrain for creds or gold. NEVER retrain skills/perks for free. It will take a lot longer to get them up (especially at 100%) than the 20,000 silver is worth. Personally, I use silver to retrain, as it doesn't take ages to get a skill from 98% to 100%, and I'd rather spend my 200 gold getting a new crewman for when I buy a new vehicle, or for dismounting equipment off of the tank, or many other things. Now, onto the skills/perks themselves and what they do. Also, you can't give a crewman skills/perks until his major qualification reaches 100% (major qualification being how proficient the crewman is at being a driver, loader, etc.

Perks
Remember, these do NOTHING for you until they get to 100%. So don't get them until you get to 100% and retrain for credits/gold.

Sixth Sense:
When you are spotted, a light bulb shows up for a moment or two to tell you that you are spotted. In my opinion, this is by FAR the best perk to have on your commander, and on ANY tank, I would take it on my first set of skills for my commander. The ability to know when you are expecting to be shot at, and being able to anticipate and prepare for it is invaluable. This is a commander only perk.

Eagle Eye:

When you mouse over an enemy tank, after 4 seconds it will show you what crewman and modules are destroyed/damaged. This could be useful at times in 1 on 1 duels, you could tell when you've damaged his engine, or ammo rack, or whatever, and then see if he uses a repair kit on it. Then you could theoretically take of his tracks, and, if in a faster kind of tank, circle him to death, pumping shots into his tracks. However, I don't have this on any of my tanks and do not know it's effectiveness. This is a commander only perk.

Deadeye:

In my opinion, this is a very good perk for your gunner. When my gunner's first perk gets to 100%, and his second to 50%, I will usually retrain for creds and make my first (100%) perk deadeye. Deadeye will increase your chances of critical hits by 3%. While this does not seem like a lot, think of it. If you fire 33 shots in a game, there is a good chance that your enemies will get set on fire, or lose their ammo racks, or get their gunner/loader knocked out once more than usual. However, this does not work with HE or HESH shells. This is fair, as the KV-2 with this perk would just be... I don't even wanna think about it. This is a great perk to have, and I completely recommend it. However, I would not recommend taking it until your second perk on your gunner has reached around 50%, as this perk is not essential, unlike sixth sense. This is a gunner only perk.

Designated Target:

This perk keeps enemies lit up for 2 seconds longer than normal when you have your cursor over them. Now, although insignificant, this may be the 2 seconds longer that the Obj. 704 behind you needs to plant a 152mm shell right smack in your enemies faces. I would recommend it on passive scouts, sniping mediums (such as a Panther), sniping Heavies (such as the Löwe), and many TD's. However, the perk does not work for arty in strategic view, but everyone benefits from someone (besides the arty) who does have the perk. Arty will indeed benefit from someone else having the perk. This is a gunner only perk.

Preventative maintenance:

This is a driver perk that decreases the chance of fire by 25%. It is really helpful on tanks that catch on fire a lot/have frontal transmissions (although they often go hand in hand :smiles For example, it would be smart to take this on an E 50 (not M though, they don't catch on fire too often), E 75, any of the Russian heavies, etc. However, there are some great driver skills out there, so you have to be sure that getting set on fire in your tank is a persistent problem. If not, I would take off-road driving, clutch braking, smooth ride, etc. This is a driver only perk.

Call for vengeance:

This has a similar effect to the designated target perk for the gunner, however it keeps all enemies spotted for 2 seconds after your death. I would not openly recommend this skill on any tank. However, it might give that T92 the extra 2 seconds he needs to blow that Obj. 263 sky high, killing one of the most dangerous TD's on the team and giving you a meaty 1900 spotting damage. This is a radio operator only perk.

Safe stowage:

This gives your ammo rack a 12.5% lower chance of being damaged (resulting in loss of a repair kit, or if you've used your repair kit, your patience threshold) or destroyed (resulting in loss of all of your health). This is great for tanks that have fragile ammo racks, such as the Indien Pz, Leo Prot. a, IS-3, Tiger 2, and many, many others. I wouldn't recommend taking it as soon as your loader skill reaches 100%, unless you REALLY need it. For example, on my Cromwell, I took it as soon as my second perk reached 50%, since the Cromwell doesn't have a horribly fragile ammo rack. However, on my Indien Pz, I took it IMMEDIATELY when my loader skill reached 100% (I haven't suffered complete explosions yet, but I have, on multiple occasions, had my ammo rack damaged from the front by 122mm guns. Also, I have sometimes had it damaged twice in one game. Not any more with safe stowage). I would recommend this perk highly. This is a loader only perk, not cumulative with 2 loaders having it, but cumulative with a wet ammo rack.

Adrenaline Rush:

This perk increases the reload speed of a gun by 9.1% if the vehicle has 10% or less health left. Now, this is more effective on some tanks than it is others. It is very common to be on 300 or less HP in a Maus, and when you are on 300 HP or less in a Maus, you are generally fighting to survive. Adding yet another gun rammer can surely never hurt. However, in a Cromwell, being at 75 hp or less is very rare, and the gun is already very fast firing, so safe stowage is better. I cannot recommend this perk, but if you want to, by all means do. This is a loader only perk, and it is not cumulative with two loaders with it, but it is cumulative with a rammer.

Intuition:

This perk will give a 17% chance of the loader automatically switching between shell types depending on the target being shot at. For example, if I am shooting at an E 75 in a T-43, the gunner has a 1/6 chance to automatically switch to APCR. If I am shooting at a ELC AMX in a StuG, the gunner has a 1/6 chance of switching to HE. However, although this sounds quite nice, it is sometimes HORRIBLY frustrating. Why, in a KV-2, would I want to switch to AP for a KV-1S, I can pen and 1 shot him with HE anyways. But the stupid loader feels the need to be an attention seeking b*tch and makes my own decisions for me. I think that anyone with knowledge should just ignore this perk, as they will know to change between shell types. If you don't, I have a guide on types of ammo and how to use them here http://forum.worldof...__fromsearch__1
I cannot recommend this perk AT ALL and think that it is actually a detriment to your crew's effectiveness in battle. It's a loader only perk. It is cumulative if both loaders have it, but why would that matter if it sucked anyways. It would just suck TWICE as much.

Brothers in Arms:

This perk, when at 100% across all crew members, will give an extra 5% to all crew major qualifications (turn commander from 100% to 105% effectiveness as commander). This is quite a useful perk to have, but take it with a pinch of salt. It only works when EVERYONE has it at 100% for it to work. I could be taking sixth sense, deadeye, off-road driving, repairs, and safe stowage, but no, I dedicate it to getting myself basically another improved vents. I would take this as a third or fourth skill, but as a first, naw. Probably not even second either. I would recommend this once you have 2 perks already. Take this as a third or fourth. Every crewman can take this perk.

Skills
]
Remember, these start working once they reach 1%, so they are good in that way, but generally (with some exceptions) they are not as good at 100% as some perks.

Repair:
Ok, I love the repair skill to death. It is just... GREAT. It lets you take fire less, be exposed less, use less repair kits, etc. The effectiveness is averaged across all crew, for example, if I have a 4 man crew with 3 crewman with repairs at 100% and my commander with 6th sense, the effectiveness
(100+100+100+0=300/4= 75) will be 75%. This means that everything will repair at 75% quicker rate. "How is this relevant, I don't care how quick my viewports get repaired" you may ask. Well, the skill is primarily for repairing tracks faster. This means you are exposed less, take less fire, dodge arty quicker after being tracked (or being able to dodge the arty at all), and waste less repair kits. I would take this skill as my first skill in all teir 6 and higher mediums (teir 5 and lower don't have the health to justify taking it), teir 5 and higher heavies (teir 4 ones don't have the health to justify taking repairs), and teir 7/8 and higher TD's ( the ones at teir 6, or arguably 7, and below don't have enough health to justify taking repairs). If you have a crap ton of skills/perks on your light tanks, you might wanna take it if there is nothing better to take. All crew members can take this skill (and probably should).

Firefighting:
This lets your crew put out engine fires faster. This is useless in my opinion, just take a bloody fire extinguisher and/or take preventative maintenance on your driver. This is an obsolete skill to have. Effectiveness is calculated the same way as repair skill. All crew members can take this skill (and shouldn't take this skill).

Camo:
Camo is a very interesting skill. It increases your vehicles camouflage value (how far an enemies view range while trying to spot you is reduced) while stationary, moving, and firing by .75% per 1% increase of the skill level, with a maximum 81% increase to the camo value if all 5 crew have the skill (not quite sure how this works, but anyways). The skill is averaged across the whole crew. For example, on my ELC AMX, I have 100% camo on both crewmen. According to the wotinfo camo value calculator (highly recommended, I will leave a link at the bottom), the camo value of an ELC AMX while stationary and moving is 21.89. With 100% camo, it becomes 39.13. This means that a vehicle with a 400m view range and 100% crew will only spot me at 263 m. However, I also have vents and Vehicle camo on my ELC. This means that my camo value while stationary and moving becomes 42.99, meaning that the same vehicle as mentioned before will then only be able to spot me at a range of 249 meters, a very close range. This shows that that the camo skill is INVALUABLE for scouts of any kind, as well as TD's before to teir 7/8 and all artillery. I would recommend this as a first skill on the tanks mentioned above. This skill is available on all crew members.

Mentor:
This skill provides .1% to crew exp earned per battle per 1% of the skill. This means that at 100%, the skill will give all crew 10% more exp per battle.This results in getting new skills/perks and training up skills/perks faster. I would not recommend this. Instead of getting more crew exp, why don't you get something that'll make you more effective in battle, such as sixth sense, repairs or camo. I cannot recommend this skill at all. This is a commander only skill.

Recon:
This skill provides .02% to view range and .2% to view range with damaged optics per 1% proficiency of the skill. You can get a max 2% to your view range and 20% to view range with damaged optics. This is helpful for scouts and tanks that rely on having good view range to be effective (i.e. Hellcat, T49). However, if your Commander shares radio operator duties, I would not recommend this for reasons that you will see later. Otherwise, I would recommend taking this as a 3rd or 4th skill on your commander. This is a Commander only skill.

Jack of All Trades:
This skill provides the ability for the Commander to fill in for knocked-out crew members. Only major qualifications are substituted, not perks. Less effective since more crew members are knocked out (25% each for two, 16.67% for three, 12.5% for four, etc.). This is only helpful if you are in tanks that get crew members knocked out often, and even then it's not that helpful. There are much better skills that you can take on your Commander, such as sixth sense, repairs, and camo. This is a Commander only skill.

Armorer:
This skill reduces the accuracy penalty of a damaged gun. The skill is Cumulative with a Vertical Stabilizer
If two Gunners have this skill, only the higher rating is effective. Per percent in the skill, you gain -0.2% to damaged gun's accuracy penalty, with -20% when the skill is at 100%. I don't recommend this perk because if you have a broken gun, you should just use a repair kit on it. If you don't have a repair kit, tough luck. I think that there are much better skills and perks to take, such as deadeye, snap shot, designated target, repairs, camo, etc. I cannot recommend this skill to anyone. This is a gunner only skill.

Snap Shot:
Improves the accuracy during turret rotation. The skill is cumulative with a Vertical Stabilizer
If two Gunners have this skill, only the higher rating is effective. Per percent in proficiency, you get +0.075% to accuracy during turret rotation, resulting in 7.5% accuracy during turret rotation at 100%. This is good because although it only improves the accuracy during turret rotation, that means your aiming circle when the turret is done turning is smaller, resulting in a smaller aiming circle. It also helps firing on the move, because when you fire on the move, your turret is turning to keep pointed at the target. I would recommend this skill as perhaps a 3rd skill. This is a gunner only skill.

Clutch Braking:
Increases vehicle's rotation rate. It is cumulative with Additional Grousers and following consumables: Lend-Lease Oil, Removed Speed Governor, 100-octane Gasoline and 105-octane Gasoline. Per percent, you gain +0.05% to vehicle's rotation rate, with a total of 5% to the rotation rate when the skill is at 100%. This is great for tanks that do not have the... let us say ideal turning circle for the kind of tank they are. Examples of this are, but are not limited to, the Bat Chat, E 50, and T28 Prot. This is not the best driver skill universally, but for some tanks it is. I can recommend it for certain tanks. This is a driver only skill.

Smooth Ride:
Improves the accuracy during movement. It doesn't affect the accuracy during vehicle's rotation and accuracy of stationary vehicles. Cumulative with Vertical Stabilizer. Per percent of the driver's skill with it, you get +0.04% to accuracy during movement, adding up to a max of +4% to accuracy during movement. The thing is, it reduces your aiming circle while moving by 4%, which means that once you are done moving and stop to shoot, your aiming circle will be 4% less, which means you have a 4% better aim time (if you go from moving to a dead stop). This is not as useful as the snap shot skill for the gunner, while still being useful. Smooth ride is, while being a good skill for a tank to have, not the best driver skill, nor the second best, nor the third best. I use it on my 13 90, along with snap shot, to basically make half of a vertical stabilizer (the two perks combined have +11.5% accuracy during movement, and +7.5% during turret rotation, while a vertical stabilizer has +20% in both of these categories). I would recommend this, but in most cases not as a first or second skill/perk. This is a driver only skill.

Off-road driving:
Skill reduces terrain resistance on soft and average terrain. It improves maneuverability and acceleration. Effect is cumulative with Additional Grousers. Per percent of the drivers skill with the skill, you get +0.1% bonus on soft terrain and +0.025% bonus on average terrain, adding up to a maximum +10% bonus on soft terrain and +2.5% on average terrain when the skill is at 100%. "Soft terrain" is stuff like the valley of certain doom on Lakeville, the swamps on Komarin, Swamp, and Karelia, as well as when in water. "Average terrain" is anything that's not soft terrain or a road of any sort, as well as asphalt and cobblestone. I think that this is a wonderful skill to have and should be taken first or second on your driver. It's probably the best driver skill. I can fully recommend this skill for your driver. This is a driver only skill.

Controlled impact:
This is a fairly interesting skill. The controlled impact skill reduces ramming damage of own vehicle and increases the enemy one. There is no effect on collisions with allied vehicles. Per percentage gained on the driver, you get +0.15% bonus to ramming damage on enemy -0.15% to own damage, for a maximum +15% damage done by ramming to an enemy, and -15% damage done to you. This is great in a tank like the E 50 ausf. M, where you do tons of damage to the enemy, but take a fair bit in the process. For example, I watched a replay where an E 50 rammed a T-44, losing 400 health, while doing 700 damage. If he had the controlled impact skill, he would have done 805 damage to the T-44, while only losing 340. Although controlled impact is a good skill, it is NOWHERE near as good as the other driver skills, unless when used on a certain tank. I can recommend this skill for a select few tanks in which you ram quite often in. This is a driver only skill.

Signal Boosting:
This skill increases the radio signal range. If two Radio Operators have this skill, only the higher rating is effective. You get, per percentage of the skill completed, +0.2% to radio signal range, with a total of 20% to signal range when the skill is at 100%. This can be helpful in scouts with bad radios, such as the ELC AMX, but I think that all of the other radio operator skills are much better, because signal range isn't as big of a deal as being able to spot enemies in the first place. I would not recommend this skill to anyone, unless they need a 6th radio operator skill or something [who even has that many skills, you may ask. I know of a man (Tazilon, go check him out for light tank driving tips) has 8 skills on his VK 28.01]. This is a radio operator only skill.

Situational Awareness:

This skill increases the view range. If two Radio Operators have this skill, only the higher rating is effective. Effect is cumulative with the Recon skill. Per percent gained, you get +0.03% to view range, going up to 3% when at 100%. This skill is by far the best radio operator skill: not because this is amazing, but because the other ones are pretty terrible. Good for scouts and tanks that rely on their view range to be effective (M18, T49, etc). I can recommend this skill for the tanks listed above, but I think that on said tanks, having camo is a lot better. This is a radio operator only skill.

Relaying:
This skill increases the signal range of allied vehicles which are in your signal range radius. If two Radio Operators have this skill, only the higher rating is effective. Per percent gained on the skill, you get +0.1% to signal range of allied vehicles, getting up to a max 10% to their signal range when the skill is at 100%. This is a pretty crap skill, honestly, I would take firefighting over this *gasp*. I can't recommend this one bit. This is a radio operator only skill.