Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Cheap but good ps4 "wireless" headset
12-09-2014, 10:01 PM (This post was last modified: 12-10-2014 04:13 AM by uk reapa.)
Cheap but good ps4 "wireless" headset
M5 Turtle beach mobile headset

Hi all,

Been looking for a cheap headset that will plug into the ps4 controller. Got some vita ear buds for £5, not bad but noise direction seemed difficult to judge. Tried the tritton kama which were very good but the padded phones were small and sat on your ear instead of around, which is a stupid idea as it hurts. Tried giotec? Well made but they were too quiet, tinny and needed an amp and equiliser/bass boost.

Just bought the above M5 turtle beach portable headset and very impressed.
Over ear, comfy and had the usual turtle beach heavy bass.
Seen them on Amazon for £10 but currently 15.
However game have them with a case which is pretty good for phones plus extras and also has a compartment to hold a 10 inch tablet for £20 Big Grin
Keeps everything safe as I've found tb headsets to be a bit delicate. These have a metal strip through the headband and look better than my other TB headphones.
40mm with neodymium magnets are easily loud enough which I was worried about as other cheap phones have been quiet. Stereo is good, directions are distinct which gives a real advantage over using TV speakers. Mic seems OK although Spoz said I sounded a little further away from the mic but nothing serious and chat is fine. Noise cancellation is not good and there is a lot of leakage. No mute so you need to start a party or check your supercombo insults.

Perfect gaming setup. Effectively a good cheap wireless headset. Hate the tangle of wires going to console/mixer/amp pita to keep tidy and out the way. Next step up for me would be surround sound headset but would have to be wireless and cost too much.

Good christmas pressy xmaswave

Reaps

uk reapa
BRINGER OF NUKEDEATH
Rankwhore Monster

Nick used to be quite good at cod
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-12-2014, 03:25 PM
RE: Cheap but good ps4 "wireless" headset
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-PlayStation...s4+headset

wireless for £85