Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Feeder's New Arrival
03-28-2015, 06:03 PM
RE: Feeder's New Arrival
How is it going Big Grin

I know the light nights are coming (btw clocks forward tonight) but at night that red LED glowing on the Alu Gear Knob Wink

[Image: artois.png]
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-28-2015, 07:22 PM
Honestly?

I'm loving it. I've always wanted to give type r ownership a shot, so glad I did. I nearly bought a 3 mps, which yeah, has more power but it just didn't have the experience you get from the honda imo.

The honda just appealed over all other hot hatches I looked at (clio 200, focus st, leon Cupra and mps 3). Yes the red glow in the car is a quality touch.

There is one risk I took and that is the rust on the roof, honda put a seal between the window and roof that what scratches the paint away and rusts. They extended the warranty but there want a guarantee I'd get it sorted. Thankfully this newer facelift is still in that period, so goes in on Monday for a full roof respray and revised seal.

The mpg for my commute though is nothing short of terrible though lol. It's stop start. Though having not drank since Christmas day, the cost has been offset.

That aside I love jumping in for a drive, any excuse for a drive. It's a car with a lot going for it. Comfortable, quick, very driver focussed and a peach of an engine and gearbox.

Roll on next weekend. I'm going for an early morning blast up loch lomond
03-28-2015, 08:40 PM
Nice, yep liked mine a lot. Best gearbox i ever owned!

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
05-04-2015, 09:43 PM
Wee update.

Swapped my winter tyres a few weeks ago for a brand new set of Hankooks (third set in a row, I'm a big fan). Feels a lot more pointy.

Fuel is same old. Commute, which is 4 miles and stop start the whole way, is 26mpg. Average over the last 1000 is 29mpg. Neither of which bother me, as I knew what I was in for. Just adjusting from 36, is challenging.

Went out with the parents today, stuck the foot down in 2nd up to 8200rpm. Didn't take my old man long to pass comment about use of fuel and costs lol. He drives a 2.2d Mazda, so mpg is a big thing for him. But the noise from the engine is like a touring car.

Upgrading the brake pads before the 'ring in September.
05-05-2015, 07:20 AM
Trust me your dad secretly wants a go Wink

05-05-2015, 09:36 AM
Genius.

[Image: LogrusUK.png]

Captain Slash Boot Bumper