Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Bianchi
02-28-2015, 09:07 PM (This post was last modified: 02-28-2015 09:12 PM by Sporran.)
The Bianchi
Yes picked up a new bike today. Brought it home took it out the car and made a few photos Smile Yes its a looker imo.

[Image: Oxfl9oI.jpg]

Also had a full fit and alignment in the shop too Smile Bike installed on the Turbo ready for me to hop on

[Image: uE2UzJi.jpg]

Fit went well and felt lot better than my current bike. 2 odd things happened though. While i was pedaling it sounded like the gear were out of sync or stressing, really weird noise. Even the chap heard it went round the back of the bike and listened. Said its not the gears its the turbo trainer, yes defo the turbo trainer.

All done so he then tried to take the bike out of the turbo and he really struggled you could hear him straining didnt think he was going to get it out at one stage. He didn't install it in the trainer the shop person did and he commented it was put in too tight. Guess where im going.

Anyway, later on this evening started sorting the warranty registration which is online, flipped the bike over to get the frame code and then i saw this!

[Image: kZU3iur.jpg]
[Image: 7v1Fz3r.jpg]

The noise i reckon was the frame actually stress fracturing as i was riding because it was installed too tight. So one fucked frame.

Should have gone for the £99 halfords bike Smile

[Image: artois.png]
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2015, 11:00 AM
RE: The Bianchi
If Darth Vader cycled, I'd imagine this would be his bike of choice! Nice looking cycle. Got the team sky look about it.

Gather that's a Carbon fibre frame?
03-01-2015, 11:45 AM
Yep carbon.

The test of a good bike shop will be tomorrow!

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
03-01-2015, 02:02 PM
Very true. Suppose you've had someone independently verify the error too.

Been through three months of shite service myself which nearly ended up in small claims court.
03-01-2015, 03:44 PM
lets see tomorrow, any shit credit card can sort it Smile

03-03-2015, 11:16 AM
Let us know how you get on!

[Image: LogrusUK.png]

Captain Slash Boot Bumper
03-03-2015, 01:29 PM (This post was last modified: 03-03-2015 01:41 PM by Sporran.)
Well brought the bike out yesterday and the first thing they said was, we can see you have not knocked it. Agreed it was very odd and said they would take pics and mail to Bianchi.

Got a call later yesterday afternoon saying Bianchi are sending a new frame and they would swap the bits over hopefully frame will be in from them at the end of the week.

I sat on it and then thought no and sent them this.

Quote:Hi Zoe

Thanks for today, I was in a meeting when Ollie called but have now had a chance to think. If i am being honest, it now feels that that i am getting a rebuilt bike which should have been new. You did say on the weekend that new bikes take a day or 2 to come in would this be an option and I take this and when the frame arrives the bike can be rebuilt for the shop?

Had the bike cost £250 then things would probably be different, so your thoughts would be appreciated.

Hope you understand where I am coming from.

Cheers

Lee

Every other email has been instant this has not been replied to though benefit of the doubt can be sorting their options.

Its paid on credit card and as you know i work in the County Council, and County Councils have Trading Standards Departments Smile Well outs is a bit special the Senior in ours is my Aunty Big Grin

Im speaking to her at 2pm just to make sure i am ok and in the right position to ask for complete new after all it was not cheap. I realise suppliers must be allowed to redress issues but it was like this at new and didnt happen a few weeks down the road.

The push will start and if they start arsing its credit card time and fuck ever buying local again lol. That will be twice i have been caught out.

03-03-2015, 03:49 PM
Advice from Aunty - REJECT IT but accept brand new or refund.

Lets see what happens

03-03-2015, 08:10 PM
They'd be stupid to dick about and potentially lose a sale.

You've not been unreasonable and surely in cycling circles, bad customer service experiences would spread fast amongst local groups. If I was a business owner, I'd be sorting it as best as possible and getting a replacement bike.
03-03-2015, 08:20 PM
I sent another email citing rejection and brand new replacement or refund, guess what the owner phoned me!!

I said i dont want a the old bike i want new. Bike has gone completely of to Bianchi in the UK hopefully a quick answer or maybe to italy. Dont see why i should have to take that though. He did offer me a loan bike for time being though i already have one.

His last words where he will treat this like it was his own bike.

Will give them to friday for an answer.