King n00bzor
n00bzor of all n00bzors
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Division Beta thoughts?
02-22-2016, 11:12 AM
The Division Beta thoughts?
So here it is, what's the thoughts after some gameage on the division beta.

I've got a few things i would like to see them improve.

Why does it take 4 clips to kill someone? Has the virus turned everyone into machines? Would defo like to see some more realism added in. I can understand it for the elite IA's but why general players.

Easier to spot AI's etc. For example if you dont want to partake in the pvp instantly but want to go find some loot then i found it hard to find the AI. A lot of time was spent just running up and down streets sending out a scan in the hope of finding threats. Would like to see them highlighted on the map to offer different scenarios in the DZ. (The elite AI were highlighted on the map on the sunday so hopefully this spreads to the AI in general)

Proximity chat? Did this work for anyone? I was trying to use it when i was on solo but noone was talking. Now i could have just been unlucky everytime i was on solo and had a group of people with no mics but i doubt that in this day and age. Anyone else experience this?

DZ Loot boxes. These should be spread between all levels. The ones i noticed started at DZ level 5 which is no good for n00bzors who join. Their should be loot boxes for lower levels to allow them to gear up to at least compete with the folk with the better weapons. It should at least be a small upgrade from the weapons they brought in from the outside world.

All in all i really enjoyed it, really see the need for a team to be playing this so looking forward to us getting stuck into it.

Anyone else any thoughts?

[Image: RossJay_UK.png]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-22-2016, 11:52 AM
RE: The Division Beta thoughts?
i dont think its going to have the depth of Destiny.

The coop side of things is fun, dark zone is very limited and lacking.

Its on preorder for single player, once U4 comes out few weeks later it will be in the digital bin.

[Image: artois.png]
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
Find all posts by this user
02-22-2016, 02:13 PM (This post was last modified: 02-22-2016 02:13 PM by Logrus.)
I think it will be better than Destiny, I think...

Having 4 toa squad is much better and also, you can all fuck off in relatively different directions and the game is more considered for sneaking about a bit.

Having to blast away with an SMG to kill someone is ridiculous, but - suspend disbelief and all that!

I love the loot system, the gear, the perks, skills and abilities and the fact that the map is so damn detailed and, well - good.

The DZ was no good when trying to play it pissed (couldn't get in!), but knowing now what to do, it is thrilling to see a Rogue Agent, hunt him and kill him, nick his stuff and then try to extract it.

Only being able to hold 6 DZ Items is good and then forces you to 'show yourselves' by calling in a chopper.

Could be really good. DV Solo might be hard work!

EDIT: Pre-Ordered on Shop To.

[Image: LogrusUK.png]

Captain Slash Boot Bumper
02-22-2016, 02:42 PM
I agree with what you both say, It has massive potential and i hope ubisoft use it to its full extent.

I will keep it preordered and really looking forward to the DZ with you lot!

[Image: RossJay_UK.png]
02-22-2016, 07:08 PM
gears of war still has the run and gun and cover mechanics trophy Big Grin

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
02-23-2016, 10:38 AM
Have to say, was using the double tap X and left stick to great effect after a while.

Works really well...

03-03-2016, 06:46 PM

Editor of Reapa's Sig 24/7
"Nicos, clearly, you are a more adept CoDer" - Logrus - 10-09-10
03-04-2016, 11:20 AM
Looks wick.

03-09-2016, 03:57 AM
been on since about 1am to now. Really struggling with this.

Its a great looking game, liking the open world, choose you mission, side missions, this that other little bits.

Like the looting, leveling and potential crafting later.

But its let down by one major flaw, the bloody gun mechanics are absolute shit. feels sluggish and feels like there is a slight lag and your playing a ps2 fps shooter with its jankyness. Destiny was aim, bang, bang. Hmmmm

03-09-2016, 11:59 AM
Yeah, the controls are still a bit all over the shop.

And taking a whole clip of assault rifle to die (normal - non-elite) is a weird one.

Very different.

I am sure they will balance.