Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Initial Thoughts on Tourneys
01-31-2009, 02:00 PM
RE: Initial Thoughts on Tourneys
This weekend is Superbowl weekend so I'll be out on the lash for most of it Smile Come Monday night I'll be free to play though. Usually any time after 9 is good for me as I play footie every night.

Are there any silly rules we have to abide by in this ladder?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-31-2009, 02:04 PM
yes there are rules and will post them up for us to digest.

[Image: artois.png]
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
01-31-2009, 02:06 PM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2009 07:33 PM by Sporran.)
right here are the rules i will pick out ones i think may cause issues or the inportant bits and keep posting them up.

http://gamebattles.com/xbox360/call-of-d...e-eu/rules

Important bits from the rules

Not aimed at us but may be useful.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
No-Shows

A team has 15 minutes to show-up with the number of eligible players indicated in the match details, and be ready to start the match. Failure to do so will result in a forfeit. Teams are responsible for all scheduled matches.

To receive a no-show win, you must submit a ticket within 30 minutes of the scheduled match time. You must also report the match as a win for your team.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Reporting

Both teams are responsible for reporting the match within 30 minutes of its completion. If teams do not report matching results, the match will result in a ‘dispute’. Both teams are then required to submit a ticket regarding the dispute and include any valid proof they have. Teams can also resolve their own disputes by changing the scores they reported for the match. To do this, teams must go into the match report screen for the disputed match and change the scores within 24 hours of the scheduled start time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Proof

You need to show proof of winning each map/game in a match to be given the win for it. All proof must be clearly visible and show the in-game full scoreboard during the completion of that map/game. The proof must all clearly show both team's players to be considered valid.

(i guess that means we have ot have cameras ready, like socom days lol)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Match Settings

The default settings specified in these rules can be changed, but only if an option is available in the challenge. The staff will support no other agreements, (i.e. verbal, AIM, email). So unless specified otherwise in the match details, these default rules will be followed.

The following settings apply to all GameBattles matches, regardless of the Game Mode.
Spectator : Disabled (Does not apply for Search and Destroy)
Friendly Fire : Enabled
Forced Respawns : Enabled
Wave Spawn Delay : None
ReSpawn Delay: None (Does not apply to Sabotage)
Radar Always On : Challenge Option
Max Health : Miniscule
Health Regeneration : None
Allow Kill Cam : Challenge Option
Allow Sprint : Enabled
Headshots Only : Disabled
Allow Perks : Challenge Option
Allow Kill Streaks : Challenge Option
Number of Lives : Unlimited (Does not apply to Search and Destroy.)
Join in Progress : Allowed
Hardcore Mode: Enabled

Vehicles : Challenge Option

The following settings are specific to each Game Mode, so please read them carefully before setting up the server.

Team Deathmatch
Points to Win : 1000
Round Timer : 10 Minutes
Search and Destroy
Round Length : 3 Minutes
Bomb Timer : 45 Seconds
Number of lives: 1 Life
Plant Time : 7.5 Seconds
Defuse Time : 7.5 Seconds
Multi Bomb : Disabled
Score Limit : 4 Points
Round Switch : Every Round
Spectator: Team Only

Sabotage
Time Limit : 10 Minutes
Bomb Timer : 30 Seconds
Plant Time : 5 Seconds
Respawn Delay: 7.5
Defuse Time : 5 Seconds
Shared Bomb Timer : No
Score Limit : 1
Round Switch : Never

Domination
Score Limit : Unlimited
Respawn Delay : 5 Seconds
Capture the Flag

Capture Limit : 5 Flags

Flag Return Time : 30 Seconds
Enemy Carrier on Radar : Disabled
Touch Return : Enabled
Round Limit : 2 Rounds
Round Switch : Every Round
Respawn Delay : 7.5 Seconds

War

Normal Capture Time : 20 Seconds
Normal Flag Time : None
Final Fight Time Limit : 5 Minutes
Momentum : Disabled
Momentum Points: 70 Points
Blitzkreg Time : 30 Seconds
Respawn Delay : 7.5 Seconds
If any of the above settings are incorrect, the hosting team forfeits that map. The team hosting is responsible to ensure all setting are correct prior to beginning any map. If the settings are incorrect, the map needs to end and the next map needs to be played. The team that was not hosting is responsible for obtaining valid proof to show that the hosting team did not have the settings correct. A ticket with valid proof must be submitted immediately after the match has been completed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intresting one
13. We highly recommend that all players appear offline at all times during their match. Users are not to dispute a match on purpose if the other team did not appear offline. If random players enter the room, ask them to leave. If they leave immediately without disrupting the match, the match can continue. If the player disrupts the match, the match is to resume from the score at which the player(s) entered.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If a player/host disconnects during the initial launch of a map, the map will be restarted. The initial launch is defined as within the first 30 seconds or before the first kill. If both teams disagree over when the disconnection took place, video proof must be provided. First, the match must be completed and the scores must be reported correctly. The URL link of the proof must be submitted in a ticket once the match is completed.

9. If the host disconnects after the map has started, the host's team forfeits that map. After the map has started is after 30 seconds or after the first kill. If both teams disagree over when the disconnection took place, video proof must be provided. First, the match must be completed and the scores must be reported correctly. The URL link of the proof must be submitted in a ticket once the match is completed

Looks like we need to do more host testing Sad

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
01-31-2009, 02:43 PM
whats it mean when it says - Challenge Option

Editor of Reapa's Sig 24/7
"Nicos, clearly, you are a more adept CoDer" - Logrus - 10-09-10
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-31-2009, 02:47 PM
i think its when someone decide to advertise a game thats one of the bits you can choose, on or off.

Its up to the team to accept the terms you are offering.

01-31-2009, 03:48 PM
cool, deffo need my bettys, get most of my kills from them Wink

01-31-2009, 07:15 PM (This post was last modified: 01-31-2009 07:30 PM by Sporran.)
sweaty bettys Smile

Right im thinking of popping a match on and see if thebait gets taken.

Am thinking 9p friday night (6th feb) 3 games. I chose friday cause reapa will have BB by then but will we all be online or will the weeks activities mean most will be out Smile

Let me know and i will pop one up! a game that is.

Thinking about it thursday may be a good one i mea its not as if the games will last hours like socom Smile Just thinking about reaps.

So i could advertise a 6 v 6 for fri or thurs?

Your call peeps

01-31-2009, 09:55 PM
Friday I'm good for. Thursday I wouldn't be available until after 10pm
01-31-2009, 10:07 PM
cheers pro think i may make a post read availability Smile

01-31-2009, 11:34 PM
thurs im normally footying til 10ish but any other day ill make time Wink