Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
A resolution
12-30-2008, 02:47 PM
A resolution
So its that time coming is anyone thinking of doing something and going to stick ot ir, or are you not the resolution type.

Nothing major for me i do want i want to do and dont do what i dont want, unless its to keep the peace Big Grin lol.

But next year i intended to get back in to the running, and quite fancy a stab at the Cardiff half marathon.

Think a full one will be too much but 13 miles seems realistic, GNR always attracts me too.

So what you doing.

[Image: artois.png]
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-30-2008, 03:06 PM
RE: A resolution
Jacking in the ciggy's this year Big Grin and gonna start getting on the exercise tip Sad dont know about marathons , I couldnt run to the corner shop at the mo without a oxygen tank Sad
12-30-2008, 05:39 PM
Hmmm...

This is a good poser...

[Image: LogrusUK.png]

Captain Slash Boot Bumper
12-30-2008, 08:21 PM
Completed last years of getting to the gym at least 3 times a week, making it a permanent fixture and putting on half a stone. Been updating my gym gear for the year ahead.

So this year I'm looking on adding on a stone and a half.

Cigarettes I'm going to try and cut out completely. Still have the odd fly few when out at the weekend or just generally bored.

Something tells me this year might be a bit more diffcult
12-30-2008, 08:57 PM
i need to ease up on the booze a bit (once my xmas stash is finished) and get some more footy in, but thatll probably be it, im slightly realistic (though even this has got be pushing it!)

Editor of Reapa's Sig 24/7
"Nicos, clearly, you are a more adept CoDer" - Logrus - 10-09-10
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-31-2008, 01:44 PM
1) Start using the home gym at least twice a week.

2) Start coding again.

3) Publish some articles in the IT press.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-31-2008, 01:57 PM
fuck resolutions as long as i keep my job ill be happy

[Image: solidiuscrowzk7.gif]
12-31-2008, 07:19 PM
i've been told that mine is to stop keeping things "just in case they are useful in the future"

[Image: G-DUB-gb.png]
01-05-2009, 08:16 PM (This post was last modified: 01-05-2009 08:18 PM by Logrus.)
Ok, got it, me and the missus are going to race to see who can lose the most weight in two months, or at least - until the end of February.

I am aiming for 2 stones.

I weigh 15 at the moment and I will keep you all posted on my progress, as it were.

So, how am I going to achieve this?

1) No bus to work.

I pay £1.30 each way to get to and from work and it takes between 15 and 50 minutes, depending upon the traffic, but usually around a good 25 minutes.

I walked this morning and it took 35 minutes. Brisk. I can probably get that down to 30, but a comfortable 35 is ok by me (it's up and down hills).

The distance is 2.5 miles each way, so - a five mile walk per day - love it.

Also, saves approx £150 per 2 months, so - £75 per month.

Big Grin

2) No pub at lunch.

(ARGH!)

My company has a habit, a dirty secret habit of boozing. It was worse before we moved offices (further away now and initially into a fucking PUB DESERT! I checked on Nick's site: http://www.barcrawl.co.uk for a map of pubs in the area. Each one about 7 - 10 minutes walk away - in BRIGHTON??? EH?!?!), as the local, The Ranelagh was on the same road and it really became our second home, but still now The Palmeira has opened up, there's a pub within a 2 - 3 minute walk.

ARGH!

And they do a Pie and a Pint for £6.

ARGH!

It's glorious pie too, a lovely crusty pastry and good steak and mushroom and mash and gravy and veg.

ARGH!

So - none of that may lark, Matey.

Sad

3) Smaller portions for evening meal, using the rest for lunch next day for the both of us.

Good shout this, as I am terrible for either said P n P above, or just nipping to the sandwich shop for a £4 baguette. Bastards.

Homebrew all the way.

4) The Gym.

Our work is suppossedly giving us cheapo membership to a local gym.

Last time I joined a gym, it was David Lloyd. It was £110 per month for me and the missus and I can count the times I went in that year (£1100!) on my cock.

:o(

I'll keep you posted.

Wink

[Image: LogrusUK.png]

Captain Slash Boot Bumper
01-05-2009, 08:23 PM
good luck with that.

and on the weight subject for those that know me from back in the day.

11 stone 7

Boo Fecking Yaa

for those who are new and those that forgot I started at 8 stone.

I should also add that i'm over 6 foot.

[Image: G-DUB-gb.png]