Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Off on Hol
08-14-2009, 12:01 AM
RE: Off on Hol
Few more pics of my time on the track, this was when Martin from the Hotel gave some very much needed advice. I would've been a total disaster without the help, prior to going on the track. Stuck to the right for these two pics as I was letting a few faster vehicles past. Wish I'd pushed it a wee bit more and get the car on three wheels for the photo lol

[Image: 05-08-2009-NurburgringTFb327.JPG]
[Image: 05-08-2009-NurburgringTFb328.JPG]

Carousel was a superb corner, not half as bad as I thought. Adenaur Forst was the corner I was warned about the most. Got 5 laps completed which was spot on imo, anymore and I'd probably pushed it too much.

£10 per image above, going to gert the best one and have it printed for a big frame. Just waiting to get the energy to wash teh car and get my 'ring sticker put on the car.

I'm having major withdrawl symptoms atm, hefty Sad I love Germany though, what a country, everything is excellent. Food was excellent, people were superb (Unlike the french) all the towns were weel looked after, spotless. I couldn't bring myself to throw my cigarette stubs on the floor, the place was so pretty and clean.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-14-2009, 06:16 PM
2nd of August, set off from Scotland heading to Folkestone where I had a B+B lined up so I could get a few hours sleep before catching the euro tunnel at 6am on the Mondy morning. Probably slightly wasted as I never got to sleep till 1am and was up for 4.15am lol I did feel good though after the sleep.

Car all clean and freshly serviced ready for battle.

[Image: 02082009124.jpg]

3rd of August
Got videos of the Euro Tunnel, but I'll need to cut them down a bit and sort em out, so fast forward to Monday, off the tunnel outta France in 25mins Big Grin (Yes I did stick the foot down) I was in Belgium. Lunch in Belgium sounded like it had a nice ring to it.

[Image: 03082009126.jpg]

Ewww
[Image: 03082009127.jpg]

Once I'd choked that down I had a ciggie, filled the car up and hit the road straight through the Nurburg.

Got my room at the Burgstube, unpacked, freshened up then it sank in I was at the NURBURGRING!!!Big Grin So went for a walk round the town and down to the track.

For someone who'd just driven through 5 countries in less than 24 hours I was definately not tired.
[Image: 03082009129.jpg]

Dinner that night at the Schmitz (Sabine) owned restaurant (Pliskenklause). Big massive Steak fillet on the stone with a Bitburger beer. Came out to m car to see this parked opposite
[Image: 03082009135.jpg]

4th August

First full day I thought I'd do a bit of track spotting to see what I was letting myself in for!

[Image: DSCF1879.jpg]
[Image: DSCF1886.jpg]

Was stunned when I seen Brunchen ^. I honestly didn't expect such steep drops and climbs. Thankfull most of the corners as a spectator you can walk alongside, so I got a lot of time to do my research and try to remember as much as I could.

Will get more pics up, hungry.
08-14-2009, 10:22 PM (This post was last modified: 08-14-2009 10:34 PM by Feeder.)
Sat aout the track quite a bit on the Monday and tuesday, just watching the sort of lines the cars were taking.

[Image: DSCF1900.jpg]
There was loads of the Weissman's they must've been holding an owners club gathering, they really aren't much better looking in the flesh, I don't like them at all.

[Image: DSCF1908.jpg]
[Image: DSCF1929.jpg]
[Image: DSCF1931.jpg]
[Image: DSCF1941.jpg]
[Image: DSCF1943.jpg]
[Image: DSCF1955.jpg]
[Image: DSCF1957.jpg]
[Image: DSCF1975.jpg]
[Image: DSCF1979.jpg]
Scottish guy in the track prepp'd M3 was shit off a shovel quick.
[Image: DSCF1996.jpg]
[Image: DSCF2017.jpg]
[Image: DSCF2007.jpg]
[Image: DSCF2023.jpg]
[Image: DSCF2032.jpg]
[Image: DSCF2039.jpg]
[Image: DSCF2062.jpg]
yep the Beemer had the 350z 20m later
[Image: DSCF2071.jpg]
[Image: DSCF2091.jpg]
Probably the best photo I've came across in my 2gb worth so far.
[Image: DSCF2128.jpg]
Amazing the stuff folk park in buiding sites there! Got another pic of a very old and expensive ferrari parked in the same building site
[Image: DSCF2139.jpg]
[Image: DSCF2142.jpg]
[Image: DSCF2175.jpg]
Just leaving Germany to head south to Lyon, nice new breaks bedded in.
[Image: DSCF2181.jpg]
Collinite wax doing a good job, that wasabout 1000+miles of driving.
[Image: DSCF2188.jpg]
Ended up here, Lyon
[Image: DSCF2192.jpg]
[Image: DSCF2205.jpg]
Then headed to a city Ive always wanted to visit, Brugges! What a place, absoloutly stunning. Very spur of the moment thing, just got a B+B organised whilst driving through France, had planned on going straight home, but I wanted to stay away a bit longer.

[Image: DSCF2224.jpg]
[Image: DSCF2234.jpg]
[Image: DSCF2240.jpg]
[Image: DSCF2255.jpg]
[Image: DSCF2259.jpg]
If anyone's seen the film In Brugges, they'll recognise this fella. I watched it again last night and couldn't believe it was the same dog sitting in the same window!
[Image: DSCF2261.jpg]
[Image: DSCF2263.jpg]
[Image: DSCF2265.jpg]
Then Dunkerque, what a shit hole of a place!
[Image: DSCF2322.jpg]
[Image: DSCF2327.jpg]
Got so bored of waiting for the draw bridge to go down I took another photo of my car nearly 2000miles into the drive.
[Image: DSCF2331.jpg]

So backhome and that's that.
[Image: DSCF2337.jpg]
Miles later, car looking like:
[Image: DSCF2333.jpg]
And war wounds from Lyons fucking tram way kerbs! (I was fucking shattered after driving through Germany, Luxembourg and France) I reversed into the highest fucking kerb you've seen.
[Image: DSCF2334.jpg]
But I got all tis to make me feel happy again for a short time
[Image: DSCF2341.jpg]
[Image: DSCF2344.jpg]
[Image: DSCF2345.jpg]

Absoloutly wicked time had. I will be doing Germany again next year without a shadow of a doubt, I'd recommend it to anyone. Especially for the 'ring. Got a trackday tuition course booked at Knockhill within the next month. Think i've been bitten by the bug
08-15-2009, 09:08 AM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2009 09:23 AM by Sporran.)
fantastic pics feeder Smile looks like you had a great time, nice to see pics of the ring more over the cars that you usually see on the net. Just trying to work some of them out ohh i konw that corner lol

Glad you saved the best pics to last Wink

Did gran turismo, PGR etc help Big Grin

[Image: artois.png]
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
08-15-2009, 11:56 AM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2009 11:56 AM by Feeder.)
Cheers

They do help a bit, they defo don't give you the full story though. The camber was what surprised me, you were judging every line as carefully as possible. And then there's bits of the track that are damp because the trees shelter it from the sun, where as the rest of the track is bone dry.

Mini karosell in game for example I thought was pretty simple, just throw it in and stick to the two plates. Martin had advised me to have one side of the car on the very inside tarmac and one on the tiled section. Reason being that if the car rests on both rows of tiles, the cars start scraping on the tiles very badly and can rip the oil sump off, which obviously is going to cause problems.

Also got to make sure you show a massive amount of patience, not everyone n the 'ring drives the way they should. I got very impatient behind a Volvo V70, again faster than teh driver, but not once did they signal to let me past, I basically lost my patience and took a bit of a risk at a really sharp turn. I had a poor judgement call and basically left my braking way too late, I was WAY off the racing line too so really had to drop a lot of speed to keep myself on the track.

It's a beautiful part of the world. Even if you don't go for the 'ring, there's still lots to do. I'd recommend it at least to be done once. Much cheaper than bloody france too! I paid £1.80 for a pint of Bitburger in Germany, in France for a pint I paid £4.25!!! And guess what the better pint was ?! Those crates of Bitburger were £8.90! With the plastic crates.

France is a joke tbh, think I might have a speeding ticket or two from there lol. Thank fuck I don't plan on going back there. I'll be sticking to Holland, Belgium and Germany.
08-15-2009, 12:21 PM
Top work, feeder - looks WICKED.

[Image: LogrusUK.png]

Captain Slash Boot Bumper
08-15-2009, 02:13 PM (This post was last modified: 08-15-2009 02:14 PM by Feeder.)
Cheers sir.

Just cleaned the car and put my Nubrugring sticker on, kinda Big Grin and Sad feeling. Found another three photos from a different photographer,

http://www.nurburgringphotos.com/search....e1=&date2=

Liking the rear shot and the shot without teh MK4Golf.
08-15-2009, 02:44 PM
need a pic with that logo on Wink

do you only get one once youve driven it, do you have to buy them?

[Image: artois.png]
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
08-15-2009, 03:08 PM
It's just photographers that go trackside and take photo's of all the cars, nothing really connected to Nurburgring GMBH, they all have there own web-sites so you can look through them to spot your-self. To get the full version without watermarks, yeah, you have to pay. £10 or 10euros. I didn't expect to have this much choice tbh as it was a weekday opening.

Might get two. Want one to print on a mug and one blown up into a poster type size lol. I'm thinking of going with teh one's in that link, just that was on my last day, I was a bit more confident, I'm going defo for the rear shot as i like how the rear left tyre is cm's from putting the car on three wheels. (Wish I had just nudged the wheel a wee bit more for the photo lol
08-17-2009, 12:00 AM (This post was last modified: 08-17-2009 12:01 AM by Feeder.)
(08-15-2009 02:44 PM)Sporran Wrote:  need a pic with that logo on Wink

do you only get one once youve driven it, do you have to buy them?

Sorry I totally got the wrong end of the stick, I was re-reading the post as I'm posting this on the Ignis Sport Web forums.

The stickers are actually 6euros each! Yes, over a fiver lol. Me being me, bought three lol, you get them either at the track entrance, the nurburgring shop in the local town or the new entertainment facility or suprmarkets lol. I had been saving up for the holiday for a year, with the intention being that whilst away money wouldn't be an object. Ate like a king every night and during the day, bought all the goodies I planned on getting too. All worth it.

I've already got a decent amount put away for next year. Just waiting for December January to find out the track opening times so I can book my hotel again. If I didn't live so far north of the place I'd defo go back before the end of the year, driving through Britain is the worst part of it, British driving is the worst I encountered.

Will make one point, we moan about petrol prices here, trust me, we've got it easy compared to the continent, I promise you that! I can scan in a receipt to prove.