Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Off on Hol
10-16-2013, 08:21 PM
RE: Off on Hol
That would be a fair statement.

Did a slow lap of the 'ring (my mate was heading out on track for the first time), so I offered to lead the way and slow things down. He was very, very unsure about heading out as it had rained an hour before.

Slowest lap I've completed, but allowed me to get a few of the corners I've been struggling with sorted. It was a brilliant evening though, especially seeing his reaction once he'd completed the lap.

Yes, beer was phenomenal. I lived like a King and came back with a lot of my spending money, so as soon as 2014 'ring dates are announced, I'm taking my old man out next year (flying though) and renting a car locally for the track.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-16-2013, 08:33 PM
nice!!

Bring a HD cam next time film your lap and then do a sped up version Wink

[Image: artois.png]
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
10-18-2013, 02:38 PM
Any vids, Feeds?

[Image: LogrusUK.png]

Captain Slash Boot Bumper
10-18-2013, 05:43 PM
Sorry sir, none. I had planned vids at spa, but after my early spin I barely touched the track. I like track days to be limited to road going cars. When you've got folk trying to set lap records with formula 1 style teams, I valued my car too much to risk it.

I'll be sticking to certain track day companies from now on.

I do have some vids from the pit lane to give you an idea.
10-21-2013, 10:43 PM (This post was last modified: 10-21-2013 10:43 PM by Feeder.)
Still haven't got the camera photos uploaded, but here's one taken from facebook of the totalled McLaren, don't think the owner is in the pic.

Jus to add, the front reg plate had the grey leccy tape over it all day. Suspicious

Attached File(s)
.jpg  1381772_10151932211875979_1816299856_n.jpg (Size: 81.28 KB / Downloads: 11)
10-21-2013, 11:22 PM
Gutting!

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
10-24-2013, 09:20 AM
ouch,

[Image: G-DUB-gb.png]
11-02-2013, 12:23 PM
I heard word that Clarkson was in the same neck of the woods as us during our trip. Just read this on Northlopp

"We spent the Euro-tunnel crossing [on Tue 8/Oct] sharing a carriage with an MP4 12C.
We went over to chat to the driver and ask if he was on his way to Spa like us. He said he was, but via Brugge as that was where he was going to meet Jeremy and the Top Gear team!!
He works for Mclaren as the Program Manager for the P1.
They were handing over a P1 to the TG team to test drive round Brugge, then get some film of it on the road driving down to Spa, and then filming on track at Spa on the Friday.

He was a very nice chap. We had a good laugh talking about power figures - the 900bhp of the P1 vs the 130 of my MX5!!

He thinks the filming will be shown on TV in Spring, around March time.
He also advised that the first customer to collect their P1 was doing so on Wed 9th Oct."

If I'd known that was a definite, I'd have driven back to Spa for a look and offer to do a TG challenge, McLaren P1 v Suzuki PAT Van Edition!
11-02-2013, 12:52 PM
Go on be honest you just wanted to stand in the background waving Wink

11-03-2013, 11:25 AM
I'm not one for the spot light, but yes, I'd have even ran starkers round Spa, if they promised to feature my car for anything between 2-10seconds!! Big Grin

Shame they didn't film my spin at Pouhon. I can see it now, Clarkson opening up with "Spa has claimed many lives" VT Cut to me spinning in the Pat Van Big Grin