Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
UKMW Ladder
02-15-2009, 04:05 PM (This post was last modified: 02-15-2009 08:31 PM by Sporran.)
UKMW Ladder
Hello Peeps

Ive bought a plugin for the site which I think will work quite well. For proper matches we can use gamebattles etc. But for the internal shenanigans we now have our own Big Grin

So here it is please bare with me with how it works but im sure it will be easy, i still have some customisation to do too blah de blah Wink

http://www.ukmw.com/2008/match_rank.php

link also at the top when I get round to doing it Smile *done*

I suggest creating a team but with one member for individual games maybe we could do doubles, quad etc.

So its there for you guys enjoy.

Basically it starts us at 0, a win is + 2 points a loss – 1 point, I think that is fair unless you want it changed.

How do you use it, well organise your game on the forum, play it and the loser reports the loss, like GB Smile

Spoz.
From the Dev, i think hes dutch lol

Quote:How Match Rank works.
To begin a user must make a team. When they view the team page it will give them a form to create their team. Options are team name and description. Once team is made on the team view page they have an option to add an team icon. The team icon uses the same settings as site avatars.

Matches are performed elsewhere. Match Rank is not a game system itself. It's a match reporting and ranking system. So a match must take place somewhere...either in the real world or online. Examples would be a game of chess, an online match like Counter-Strike clan match, or something like a Bey Blade match.

The match is then reported by the loser. Loser must navigate to the team page of the winner and click the "report" button on the bottom. This will provide a page to report the loss. The winner will recieve a PM with a link that contains a special code to confirm the match.

When the match is confirmed Match Rank will calculate a new rank based on ELO (complex ranking algorithm) which takes into account the current team ranks. So a team with a 1200 rank beating a team with a 900 rank will not gain as much as a team with a 900 rank beating out a 1200 rank team. The match is now confirmed and the stats are updated.

Match Rank provides a stats page to keep track of rank scores, wins, losses, last matchup, and more. There are other complex features too not all are in effect in the beta.

[Image: artois.png]
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-16-2009, 10:22 AM
RE: UKMW Ladder
pick me, pick me.

[Image: G-DUB-gb.png]
02-16-2009, 11:43 AM
How do we join up - looks good.

[Image: LogrusUK.png]

Captain Slash Boot Bumper
02-16-2009, 12:27 PM
Click on the link then click team Smile

I think we arrange a game and then the loser reports the loss

There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't.
02-16-2009, 12:53 PM (This post was last modified: 02-16-2009 12:53 PM by Logrus.)
Already done it.

lol

Cool - GeoffBot will love this, the competitive bastard!

Wink

01-13-2010, 07:22 PM
A BIG FUCKING BUMP lol

Are we gonna use this?

01-14-2010, 10:21 AM
Ha ha ha, doubt it. Eh?

doggy

01-14-2010, 09:34 PM
i challenge thee to a duel

[Image: G-DUB-gb.png]
01-15-2010, 10:52 AM
OK

G DUB - me V thee

ON

When I next see you ON

ON

01-15-2010, 01:29 PM
awesome, i challenge Log to use just the fuck riot LMAO